Monday

IFCO Member's Profile

 















Name: (Sarah) Bridget Farr 
Membership: Since 1995!
Films: I'm currently shooting #10.

1. Why make films? When did you realize wanted to make films?
Good question.

2. What's your process of creation? Who's involved with it?
I use a lot of paper. Writing, storyboarding, list-making...and no one person has been involved in every one of my films. I tend to get help from whoever is around.


3. When making films, do you think to adopt a certain style or common theme?
Not intentionally. Artists get influenced by work that they like and I prefer simple, quiet films. So, that is the treatment I normally give my shorts.

4. Where to do you look for inspiration?
I just keep my eyes open and inspiration comes. Other filmmakers are a big source for sure.

5. What are the advantages/disadvantages of being a filmmaker in Ottawa?
Advantages:
It is fairly easy to secure locations and people are very willing to help out. And funding as there is less competition compared to nearby big cities.

Disadvantages:
With the kind of films I have made I don't feel there are any disadvantages.

6. What ultimately determines a good film in your opinion?
A film that respects the audience.

7. What is your personal mission statement?
To create and connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment